For those of you that know me well, or really at all, you know that I am a planner. Not a does Friday work for you kind of gal, but more a Friday at noon at my place. I plan everything and ever iota of everything. Having children has helped A LOT, but I still plan with high hopes. So this leads me to my Easter surprise for the boys. I have been planning it since (blush) last May.
At the time John was still eating sand instead of playing with it, so I decided that the next Easter I would get the joint present of a sandbox for both children (not knowing Colin was a Colin). I've planned where it is going to go, instead of the usual basket Seth and I bought pails and shovels with an additional assortment of sand toys. How we were going to present it, with plastic eggs out the back door, and how we would spend the day in the yard building castle after castle.
I researched and picked the perfect box (one with a top that lowers to keep the animals out, and raises to keep the sun off the kids), I looked locally only to find it on Costco.com for $50 cheaper than anywhere else. Three weeks ago I bought it, not wanting to have it around for too long before the big day.
*Finally* it said it shipped on the 7th. But then said there was an error when I tracked it. Today I called. They ran out! They are hoping to ship it at the end of the month. I did get $20 off, but it can't make up for the ruined Easter surprise. This is why you should fly by the seat of your pants. Or plan MORE in advance!:)
The Waterfall
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment