I had Colin Zachary on 12-3 (his due date #1) at 507pm. He weighed 8pounds 3 ounces, 20.5 inches long.
I had my membranes stripped at 8am and was 4cm, and I kind of knew that it was going to happen that day, and spent the day getting the house ready, and big brother ready and finishing my Christmas shopping.
At 3pm I went to the hospital, mostly because I couldn't think of any more places to walk and it was freezing outside. I was a 5 and they kept me. At 4 the doctor broke my water at my request, since I had been a 3-4 for 6 weeks. And I wasn't willing to do pit. At 415 I decided to get the epidural, but the doctor wasn't there yet so I waited until 450 when he showed up. Things were really intense during that time, really having to breath through the contractions.
Right when we started the epi my face and hands were tingling, that's weird I thought, and told the nurse, she said I was hyperventilating. And gave me oxygen, didn't help, then I remembered that happened with my first right before I delivery. Epidural guy finally says we're going to do the test meds... I start yelling I have to push NOW.
A team was collected and with just a couple pushes Colin was out. I did end up with a little relief meds and my epidural took full effect as soon as he was out:( My best friend Anne missed the delivery and Courtney walked in just in time.
Right away they heard a mummer, we weren't expecting anything to be wrong and were not prepaired for the follow. We've spent the past 4 days at Children's Hospital. He had surgery Friday to repair a valve in his heart. After the scariest 4 days of our lives, we are home, happy, fairly healthy. Colin has what is call Pulmonary Stenosis click to read more. Colin will be on oxygen for a while, while he sleeps and his heart grows. But all signs point to a very normal life, even if the surgery has to be redone, which isn't uncommon.
No comments:
Post a Comment