Friday, August 22, 2008

It's been a LONG while...

I can't believe it's been 10 days since I last posted! It has been such a crazy time in our house, so I'm not surprised. So I'll do updates on us all!

Flat: Doing well! Very much a boy, which my picture of a picture shows. (He is sitting spread eagle, that thing in the middle well, that's a penis!) He is still breech (turn baby turn), which I hope changes soon. We go in next Thursday for his brain scan and will hopefully have more good news then. (All dressed up in his hat and coat to play in the rain with MiMi)
JM: In teething HELL! Getting a molar and 2 eye teeth. Still battling the bacterial infection, though it is getting much, much better. I think it's in his cloth diapers so those are sitting out until I can get them cleaned thoroughly. He is in LOVE with hats, and would wear one all the time. His vocabulary is enormous including a new word for my dad, Pop Pop. We are still hopeful that he will sleep in his new room starting this weekend. We'll see how that goes!

Seth: So busy doing his best to get everything done for everyone! And actually he's doing a great job, and that is coming from his toughest customer. All of us are battling awful allergies, which particularly hard on Seth.
(25 weeks, hello little belly!!)
Kelly: After 3 doctors visits, a trip to the hospital last weekend, and 3 different meds, I am trying to hold it together. I am doing my best to take it easy, while still keeping my son safe. I am also nesting feverishly trying to get everything done before Flat's arrival. (Poor Seth, that means MORE work for him:(
Our goal is that we can make it to 34 weeks, when I could deliver at the Longmont hospital, and Flat would then be in the Longmont NICU. Prior to that I'll have to go to Denver. Every single day that I'm pregnant gives Flat a better chance at a normal healthy life, which is reason enough to do whatever they say to.
Although on paper it looks kind of scary, we are doing just fine and are VERY thankful for all the family members who have watched JM and friends who are cooking for us. It makes everyday easier!! We love you all!! Kelly

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Hi Kelly, I don't know if you remember me, but our husbands went to HS together, and I remember talking to you on the nest before I had my son. You had given me your email, and having just had a baby I was not so good at keeping track of those things! Anyway, I am glad I stumbled accross your blog all these years later. Congratulations on your son, and baby on the way. I am due with boy #2 in 4 weeks! I hope that baby Flat stays in the oven a good long time for you. I would love if you dropped by my blog to say hi too! -Andrea Roberts