Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Christmas in March

Since we've established that I'm running more than a bit behind, BUT I want to have the memories in the future, let's continue to pretend that his isn't in March but actually December.

Or not!
Christmas this year was magical!  It's really is the most wonderful time of the year, and we have lots of traditions to soak all that up!
 With the addition of the new fireplace we moved where we put the tree.  I really liked it!  We had to cut a hole in our star so that it could fit under our 10ft ceilings!  I think it looks professional:)
 Hands down my FAVORITE thing about this month was decorating the mantle!  Never having one in this house made it so much fun.  I LOVED having the stockings up!  On top of the mantel is the advent calendar of books I made for the kids.  Tons of work, but it was fun.
 This is our normal advent calendar, and we had a lego advent.  Seriously TONS to so each morning.
 And then we would read the book!
 And find our Elf, who was a bit mischievous this year!
 The boys helped Seth with a gingerbread house, that never was eaten!
 I got Seth to put lights up on the high roof this year, totally worth it, well for me at least!
Colin (in the Crestone shirt duh), give us a beautiful concert with his class.
  We had a wicked flu go through the house hitting me first and then the kids, Seth managed to escape this time.  Christine refused to take chances.
 And Santa brought us Rudy.  An 8 week old Wheaten Terrier puppy.  A wonderful addition to our family and an amazing dog!  Still a puppy but getting better each day. 

 I love getting to watch how each of the kids needs, and gives something different to the dog.  Colin and Rudy, whom we call RU RU at times, are the best of buddies, but everyone thinks that.  Except for Seth who knows rightful so that Rudy dislikes him:)
Why yes I do have the cutest dog ever thank you for noticing!
 
I do hope that your family had a magical Christmas as well and are still enjoying your gifts!

1 comment:

RhoadesC said...

I hadn't seen this! Love the pictures. Sorry about the sars mask. Can't be too careful