Wednesday, January 20, 2010

When it rains...

It pours, apparently cold water. When we did our inspection on the new house in October, he mentioned the water heater didn't look great, but if functioned so we didn't think too much of it. We also notice, (recently) that the temp was all the way up, a huge no no in the world of baby proofing. But especially upstairs the water never gets hot. When I shower I turn it all the way hot, and it never is really that warm. Also during the inspection we found 2 huge gas leaks that needed to be fixed, and there is a gas line in the garage that just isn't needed. All of these we've know about and planned on fixing for a while. We'll Monday there was water on the floor, not a ton, but some.
Plummer came and the water heater is donezo. While he was here we had him check the furnace and humidifier. This is also apparently not in good shape. It doesn't get rid of the water after it uses it. Which then sits and molds. So that needs to go.
So now instead of having a weekend in Vegas to ourselves next month, we are going to enjoy, hot water and mold free air. It is probably a good trade off, but I’m still disappointed. And stinky, I really need a shower

1 comment:

Angie said...

That stinks, I'm sorry about your trip! I would be very disappointed too.