Tuesday, January 13, 2009

90th percentile!!! In weight!

C is in the 90th percentile for weight, a task never accomplished by his brother. At 12 pounds 2 ounces he has gained nearly 4 pounds in 6 weeks, jumping the curve! He also is 23.5 inches, which means he's grown 3 inches too!
His heart looks wonderful, his blood oxygen levels are 96-99 (woo who!)and his heart is shunting correctly. All of his other numbers look great too, which means we won't be seeing a cardiologist until March until something changes.
As it turns out, I am the one with the genetic metabolic disorder! C only has an issue because he gets all of his nutrients from me. We have a bunch more testing to do on me, Seth and J, but we are 99% sure that I am the issue and hopefully everyone else is fine. It means that I am now on 3 pills three times a day for the rest of my life. The up side is that hopefully I will have more energy (what new mom doesn't want to hear that?) and I shouldn't have a heart attack by the time I'm 50.
After a full day of doctors appointments I am happy to be home, Seth is currently at the pool with J... I'm sure having a wonderful time!

No comments: