Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A pre Thanksgiving Update

Yesterday I realized that I had a bladder infection:( The doctor was able to get me in and we did our normal 38 week appointment at the same time. NO CHANGE!! I'm a little disappointed and yet, am excited to get to eat Thanksgiving dinner. She said she was able to wrap her fingers around the baby's head, and said she was a little rough on purpose. Almost immediately I started cramping. The doctor said he is definitly, definitly over 8 pounds!! Yea for healthy babies!!
I got home loaded up JM and went to the grocery to pick up my antibiotics. Then we went to MiMi's so JM could have a little MiMi love.
JM and I got home around 6 and Seth made dinner. My contractions were starting to get more painful and closer together, but I was able to put JM down for the night at about 8. Just before 10, the contractions became unbareable. We called the doctor, and MiMi who headed over. By 1030, we were at the hospital, and I was moaning.
The rest of the story is long and boring and doesn't really have too much of a point. So the condensed version is:
They figured out that it wasn't labor but a very intense bladder/kidney infection. The pain was from my kidneys shutting down. I was given IV antibiotics, fluids and finally some numbing meds. I was sent home around 2 with an Ambien.
I am feeling much better today, thank goodness. Though I'm slightly dissappointed that I was in L&D for so long and didn't get a baby, I am thankful that I didn't have to have the double pain going.
Baby Brother looked great!! Very healthy! My *actual* contractions are 5-7 minutes apart and still slighty bareable. Clearly we're getting closer, we're just not there yet!! I'll keep you updated! Happy Thanksgiving to all, may you all have as many things on your list of thanks as we do!!

No comments: