Wednesday, April 4, 2012

A catch up...

As the weather warms up, and I push er play with my children outside, gone is the chance to get on the "big" computer every day, or even week.  Only when work calls me back to the reality that it is just April and I am I forced to make calls, check emails, and order lots of sparkly clothes do I spend the time booting up my lap top.  I have noticed that my iPhone battery is dying earlier in the day with all my research, emailing, and surfing done at the park, on the drive way or in the car while I wait for soccer, swimming, music, preschool or practice to start or end.  And yet I can't get blogger to work quite right on my phone.  All of this is to say why I'm just not posting very much! 

Also we are down to one only slightly functional camera.  As in it will take pictures but I can't zoom in or out.  It's on the list of things to get, and we even have a gift card, but haven't taken the time to figure out WHAT to get.  It makes blog posts less fun when there isn't pictures.  So then I have to get them off of my phone, another host of things to find, plug in and update.  All taking moments that could be spent outside, or otherwise with the kids. 

So now in a rare moment where Em is sleeping, and the boys are quietly and attentively watching Curious George, I'll try and update as much as possible...

John:
Biggest news is that he cut his hair!!  Totally his choice and we are both very happy with it!  I don't think he will be growing it out anytime soon :)




John has also mastered riding a two wheeler, doing the monkey bars and driving his mother insane. He is reading EVERYTHING, and it is so fun to watch.  No more spelling in front of him! Now if we could work on listening and participating in soccer we would be in fine form!

Colin:
All signed up for preschool in the fall two days a week. We are both excited! Still the biggest mower guy fan you will ever meet, Colin is still usually found in some type of worker clothes.


He is in a very polite and lovey faze that I just don't want to end.  If I could bottle him up now I would.  Even with his not so great BIG ideas. 

Emerson: Is 10 months (update to follow) and still not walking or sleeping, but IS finally and thankfully eating!!!  Consistently waking once or twice a night, I think just to nurse because she is so busy during the day she doesn't get in enough momma time.  An expert cruiser, she only needs the slightest bit of help getting around from the furniture.  She is standing alone, squatting and standing back up.  She has GOT to be close to walking, right!?
In the last few weeks eating finally clicked and she understood what to do, how to do it and did it!  Even eating baby food!  Now her diet has ALL the food groups (she LOVES meat), and her diapers prove it  :-(


Seth has started making children's picnic tables in his "free" time, but REALLY enjoys it.  So we have a beautiful place for the kiddos to eat, paint, and climb!  He is hopeful that he will be able to sell them on craigs list, and I am hopeful to get hand made patio furniture for us adults! 
(looks like I've reached the max amount of pictures, so I'll add a table picture later!)

I am thankful cheerleaading tryouts are over and I am in the lull between seasons.  I am working on two BIG birthdays next month with LOTS friends birthdays sprinkled in!  I'm also trying to get in as much crafting, reading and outside time as possible before the summer starts.  I have the kids singed up for a few camps and both boys are going to play t-ball with Seth as the coach.  And yet I'm most excited for the concerts in the park, grilling with friends and mojitos!

Hope this post finds you well!

No comments: