Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Drive In Movie....

Our boys have never been to a movie before and really don't watch many movies at home, but together with our friends the Nichols' we decided that the drive in would be perfect for their first experience!! 
As with most plans involving a 2 year old, a 3 year old, a 4 year old, an 8 month old and a newborn; the dream is often much better than the reality. With minivan pack to the hilt with pizza, snacks, treats and activities we headed to the drive-in in Ft. Collins right when the box office opened t 6:45pm. It was a gorgeous night and we had a blast tailgating and pre-gaming as we waited for the movie to start.
The boys were so excited for the movie to start!! We did not anticipate how late the movie would actually start. By the time the previews were done and Cars 2 actually started, it was after 9:30pm!

John and James waiting patiently, well as well as could be expected!Daddies and boys killing time before the movie.
Even more ready for the movie to start-all changed into pajamas with popcorn!

With the movie starting well after the Haley's bedtime, the movie was a bust.  And not just because it really wasn't a very good movie...  John cried to go home for most of the film while Colin wanted to climb, run, and over all be crazy instead of watching the movie, and then cried once it was over.  (Much like at home...)

Although there are no photos of Cormac or Emerson from the drive-in, they were both dream babies. They nursed and/or slept the whole time and neither one of them made a peep the entire loooong night. I couldn't completely leave them out though, so here they are on their baby date earlier in the week when all of the big kids were at summer camp.
As you can see, Emmy is already a big fan of her first boyfriend, Macky.  I wish she wasn't as cranky as she looks, although this week she has been.  But check out her adorable outfit.  Only the second one I've purchased!!
And a HUGE thanks to Katy for writing this post, taking the pictures, and posting it to her blog so that I could steal, almost verbatim the entire thing!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this idea. And what a great time when Cars movie is playing. I hope I can take my little boys.