We've decided to put the boys together so that we can keep our toy room until the toy room is no longer needed. So for a long time! 
The furniture is all new from JC Penny's of all places! The Aiden Group on super sale made perfect sense and fit in the room like a glove! It fit all of our bed requirements which were dark wood, a bed that could be trundled, and it couldn't break the bank. It allowed us to get the night stands, which the boys love having a drawer all to themselves and underneath I put baskets to hold books.
I love John's bedding (Christopher Construction by Pottery Barn) and both boys LOVE construction, however, it's no longer made and PB can't find any quilts anywhere. So, I'm searching ebay. I've founds the sheets and the sham, but am still waiting on the quilt. So for now Colin is using a gray or blue blanket, which he doesn't mind at all.

The furniture is all new from JC Penny's of all places! The Aiden Group on super sale made perfect sense and fit in the room like a glove! It fit all of our bed requirements which were dark wood, a bed that could be trundled, and it couldn't break the bank. It allowed us to get the night stands, which the boys love having a drawer all to themselves and underneath I put baskets to hold books.
I love John's bedding (Christopher Construction by Pottery Barn) and both boys LOVE construction, however, it's no longer made and PB can't find any quilts anywhere. So, I'm searching ebay. I've founds the sheets and the sham, but am still waiting on the quilt. So for now Colin is using a gray or blue blanket, which he doesn't mind at all.
I painted the pin board using colors from the quilt, and added trim to bulk it up a bit. Now they have pictures of their friends and family to look at all the time! Above their beds are their custom frames with their names and birth stats on them, with pictures from their first year. The Go Diego Go stickers on the wall are a much loved (by the boys) Christmas present from Aunt Christine. If they come down they won't go back up, but until then the boys love looking for animals before bed.
The pictures above the dresser we painted by Aunt Courtney and match the bedding perfectly!
We also added a lower closet rod so that they can reach their own shirts and have room to store all of their things! The hamper in the closet is holding all of their stuffed buddies that never really had a home before and now are much happier!
The boys are starting to go to bed quickly (usually) and have nights where they sleep all the way through. They don't wake each other up as much as I thought they would, and I can see it will get better! We are very happy with how the room turned out and once I find the navy Roman shades I'm looking for (and the quilt) the room will be complete!! Now on to the baby girl nursery!!!
1 comment:
Looks great, can't wait to see it in person. And I really can't wait to see the nursery all done!
Post a Comment