Last year Seth made our kids an amazing picnic table:
Then he started making them for friends and even selling them on craigslist. It's been an easy gig. Well using the same site for plans he built this adult table and bench so that our whole family of 5 could eat together.
So far it's been much to snowy to use it, but rumor is it is suppose to be 70* this weekend! Goodness our family is ready! Big plans to grill pizza on Saturday!!
He's also promised to make 2 lounge chairs and a couch, AND a little bar/serving area/potting table. Hosting this shower has been awesome for the honey do list, now if the snow would stop long enough to actually enjoy it all!
And this past weekend my girl friends and I (the group Seth refers to as the Fab 5) ran another 5k in city park. The only night it hasn't rained or snowed in weeks! We were SO happy! It was a nigh run and was called the Rave Run, so lots of loud music and lights. Although I wasn't running for speed as I got to run with one of my besties Lindsay who was running for the the second time EVER, I did feel great and our time wasn't horrible. I have 6.2 miles to go to hit my April goal of 30 miles so I'm sure I'll hit it! Last month I ran 20 and before that, like 7.
I am SO lucky to have such an amazing group of women to call my friends! It has been such an amazing experience to learn to run with them, watch our children grow, and even become mothers together.
Meanwhile, the kids are also staying busy with sports of their own!
Both John and Colin are playing Spring Soccer. This is John's last year to be with the girls, and I'm not sure whether he will continue.
Colin's favorite part is still snack, but he also has 2 goal so far:)
Emerson started a little gymnastic class 2 weeks ago. She loves it and my furniture enjoys the slight reprieve. She is SUCH a monkey and loves every part of the class, so we are going to sign up for a summer class at big gym over the summer.
I got to go to PROM! The school where I work needed one more helper so I was my friend Anne's date. We proved how old we were by yawning lots the last hour, but I had SO much fun hanging out with her and seeing all my cheerleaders all dressed up.
John went snow shoeing with my mom last week and really enjoyed it. Apparently he didn't whine the entire time!
And finally this is what Seth and Rudy have been doing every chance they get, which for Seth is never and for Rudy is always:) Poor Seth exhausted!
Rudy is growing like a weed and is 6 months old already!!! Tomorrow he is heading in for the doggie snip snip. All good juju welcome. He is an AMAZING dog and I am so so happy he is part of our family!



1 comment:
Look what a good blogger you are becoming! Em in a leotard=too cute for words.
Post a Comment