Tuesday, December 14, 2010

16 Weeks

Pregnancy Highlights:

How far along: 16 weeks, or 4 months

How big is baby: About 4.5 inches and a little over 3 ounces
How big is momma? Down 2 pounds from first appointment, up 1 from what I consider my normal weight, in mostly maternity clothes or flowy tops. Big enough strangers comment in certain shirts.

Gender:







Emerson Anne is set to join our gaggle of boys this May, we can't wait for the arrival of our daughter! When we found out, I asked numerous times where the penis was until the tech calmly explained that girls don't have penises, Seth just giggled. We even checked a few days later and she was still a girl. We saw the 3 lines, and not just the absences of a penis, so we are 100% sure she is a she!

Movement: I have an anterior placenta(between the baby and my tummy), so nothing much yet, but I am REALLY looking forward to feeling her!


Sleep: I'm sleeping okay, I'm super tired at night, probably from the P17 shots, but I still wake up a lot, to turn over and to go the bathroom. I already have the pregnancy pillow out which helps some. Not as much as John sleeping through the night would;)


What I miss:Sushi!!! SO SO bad!! I'm trying to figure out if there is anything I can have because I just want some so bad!


Cravings: Steak and canned pairs, weird I know! I have been eating a ton of steak tacos from Chipolte, like way more than I should admit, but they are just so good!


Symptoms: I am still a little gaggy which is gross, but with J and C I was actually throwing up multiple times a week (or day) until 18 and 25 weeks. This is WAY easier comparatively. I have a horrible rash on my face that I can't do anything about, I had it after I had John a little, but not during. I guess when they say girls steal their mother's beauty I can nod in agreement.


Best Moments:Finding out the baby was a girl last week was huge, but really every time we see a healthy wiggly baby on the ultrasounds is monumental!


Please continue praying for my Subchorionic Hematoma to resolve itself and for our baby girl to be born at term, healthy!

1 comment:

Sweet Baby James said...

I ate sushi a lot when I was pregnant-both times. Just get things like shrimp tempura rolls, california rolls etc. Anything cooked is fine :-) You look way cute and our house full of boys can't wait for Emerson's arrival!