This has been a rough couple of months for the babies in my life. First my cousin had Tommy, who had many complications at birth, and now though busy seeing many many doctors, is doing really well. I continue to pray that he will grow and stay healthy.
Then almost a week ago a woman I cheered with in high school, but have reconnected with on Facebook, had her baby at just 23 weeks 4 days. Baby Naomi has a long fight ahead of her but apparently is already a fighter. Please pray with me for this new family and for Naomi.
Today we found out that one of John's best buddys has leukemia. He's 2, just like John. Actually he's 2.5 months younger than John. And he was here on Friday night. Playing and eating and playing more. Yesterday he was at a birthday party with the boys. And today he's waiting for his first dose of Chemo tomorrow. How is that even fair? This family is very special to mine. We're part of the two dudes club, (there younger son and Colin are just a few months apart too), and I truly enjoy the mother's company. Please please pray for a family just like mine, who was give such terrible news right before Christmas. Pray that a little boy just like mine, is able to fight and beat this.
I really never knew that I prayed this much. But I do. And I need to. It's what gives me a little hope in situations that feels hopeless.
The Waterfall
12 years ago
2 comments:
Those poor babies. I have been thinking about Finn all morning and will continue to keep he and his family in my thoughts.
Ok, this made me cry.
Post a Comment