So I thought I'd take this opportunity to do a what's up with you post. So here we go:
Seth:
After waking up late today he rushed to a meeting, only making it half way before realizing he needed new tires right then. He is currently sitting in a Discount Tire store, working from their Wi-Fi. Otherwise he is now working for ProBuild and after the 5 insurances in 3 months is over will spend much less time on the phone. No hobbies getting any love except fantasy football, which is not going well:( He is working hard on finding us the perfect tenants, and doing well. We have 3 interested parties and now we're waiting to see who is serious and qualified, and will pay us the most. We're finding it hard to make business decisions and not emotional ones.
Kelly:
Just getting over what I'm sure was swine flu, still mothering, working with the cheerleaders (though I AM hoping there's a snow day tomorrow so I don't have to coach at football in the snow:), and finding things to do besides pack. My current mantra is "if I get rid of it, I don't have to move it". Today I purged 13 plastic cups from sporting events, 3 broken water bottles, and 7 vases (3 of which were the same vase). A few days ago I purged 10 shot glasses, and kept 6! I don't know who needs even 6 shot glasses let alone 16;) Painting at the new house so that it can be aired out before the boys sleep in there new rooms. Tackled and finished the tough room first (Colin's) now on to John's and some on the main level! Getting really excited. And Seth would want me to mention the tip of my nose has gone numb, how weird is that right?
John Michael:
Wanted to be a banana, now wants nothing to do with Halloween except the candy, which I don't know how he even knows about! The smartest little guy you will ever meet. Currently he is playing with beans, which I thought would be a really cool thing, but apparently isn't:( Potty training has become a choice and a punishment for me, which has resulted in floors, pants, and mommy's being peed on in anger. No good:( Sleeping through the night!!!!!!! And the milk obsession has ended which results in less milk being purchased (you know until Colin is drinking milk). We made it thought the lastest "Missing Pink" episode and now have a Pink-stays-in-the-room rule.
Colin:
God this baby is cute! Not walking truly on his own, yet, but just.this.close! He gets around without any problem. He is in a "hold you" stage, that isn't so convenient when you're preparing to move, but is nice when you feel like snuggling. And we've started to let him cry it out. Being just 5 short weeks from his first birthday, I decided it's time to start thinking about weaning. And the 5 feedings at night seem like a good place to start. Monday night was rough on both of us, but last night he only woke once and got back to sleep pretty quickly. He woke at 615, nursed, and slept until 830!! Now we just have to get him sleeping until 830! he found his lovey a cute blanket with a head names Lion. He loves playing in the potty water and toliet paper, and so now we keep the door closed... most of the time!
So that's what's up with us! What's up with you? Any moving/packing tips?
No comments:
Post a Comment